- Arrive early for class.
- If Sensei has not yet arrived, enter the dojo (if you have
access) and assist in setting up for the class (sweeping, mats, tables, flags
- If you are late for class, enter quietly, get ready for
training, do a quiet warmup in the corner, bow to Sensei and wait for further
- Ensure you keep your hygene in order.
- This includes being clean (hands and feet in
particular), keeping your Do-Gi clean and keeping nails short.
- Remove Jewellery before class. (safety requirement)
- If you cannot remove it for any reason, speak with
- Treat all others with respect regardless of age, sex or
- Be mindful that each person learns at a different
rate and in different ways.
- Remember, Denshinkan is a team. Encourage your team mates,
work together and grow together.
- Try to ensure you partner with as many different team
mates as possible.
- Make sure that you inform Sensei of an injury or
illness before class starts.
- Manage your injuries during class. Injuries are your
- Take the time to learn and follow the correct Reishiki
(etiquette) and other formalities.
- This includes terms, bowing structure etc.
- Refrain from profanity, sensitive or disrespectful
language in the dojo. (unless encouraged as part of reality training)
- Only use your skills and knowledge to protect yourself,
family or close friends in the event of extreme, immediate, unprovoked
- This is a condition of your membership with Denshinkan.
- Never do or say anything that will harm the good will
of martial arts, Koryu Uchinadi or Denshinkan.
- Train hard and enjoy yourself!
As always, if you have any questions or you do not
understand one of the rules, please do not hesitate to ask.